After letting my service lapse for a day I re-filled my data straight talk service and went about my business. However, after searching for the current state of Houston Traffic. I found that my data was no longer working as usual. After a day or so I realized that the problem was not going to fix itself, so I looked into what the problem could be and thought that it might have something o do with my operating system. I found similar stories that pointed to this being the issue. However after attempting to update my iphone to a jail breakable IOS6x I could not reach a server for some still unknown reason. I thought it might have something to do with my new home router blocking the ports that are needed to update using Itunes. Fast forward 1 month and I let my service lapse yet again.
This time I noted what I thought was just typical TOS type of text. It mentioned the need to update the APN settings. I followed the simple instructions for IPHONE which follow general phone instructions.
These are the steps I took to Update my Straighttalk Iphone settings:
I went to the URL (below) using safari on my iphone. I then clicked Update and then Install as instructed. However a message informed me that only one APN profile can be used. I wrote down my own settings (just in case) and I proceeded to go to settings > general > network> and deleted my old profile
After deleting my old profile I did the update / and install steps. I then turned off WIFI (use settings ) rebooted my Iphone . And then tested my connection (being sure WIFI is OFF) and it worked again. YES! Im a happy data using camper…. and this was a fairly easy fix. I went a month without data. I considered going to a phone service only plan to save even more money. But I like to use the DATA for several reasons. So, I’ll most likely keep it. Below are the instructions from the Straight talk –
From the Straight talk site:
- To complete your activation, turn your phone OFF and immediately back ON.
- Make a call. If after 10 minutes you are unable to make and receive calls, turn your phone OFF and back ON again.
- If your call was not successful, wait 1 hour and repeat these steps.
- To successfully activate your phone’s Internet and multimedia messaging, you will need to update your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) settings using the steps below.
APN PROGRAMMING FOR MOST PHONE MODELS:
Once you have reached your phone’s APN (Access Point Name) settings, create a new APN with the following values.
- APN Name: Straight Talk
- APN: tfdata
- Port: 80
- MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
- MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
- MMS Port: 80
- Delete the current APN from your phone.
- Reboot your phone.
If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here
IPHONE APN PROGRAMMING:
If you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher, you may follow the instructions below and we can attempt to update your APN settings. This may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone.
- While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com
- Tap “Install,” then tap “Install Now.”
- Enter your pass code if prompted, and tap “Done.”
- At this point exit your browser, turn OFF Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
- With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.
Please note this will not enable MMS (Multimedia Messaging). To use MMS, you may need to make further changes to your iPhone in order to update your MMS settings. You may search online for more information.
By accessing iapnupdatetfdata.straighttalk.com from your iPhone, you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
- Updating your APN settings does not guarantee that MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone model’s limitations. It may take up to 24 hours for MMS services to be activated.
- If you need further assistance updating your APN settings, please refer to your phone’s user manual and manufacturer.
- No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Airtime PIN purchases.
Is this still a relevant post? Post been awhile? Building Permits Houston Texas. Occupancy Permits in Houston Texas?